WHY “THE GATHERING”?
The purpose is simple: to provide another opportunity for discipleship and community-building within our congregation and to provide an informal, non-threatening opportunity to invite people into our community for the first time. This is why we gather.
Dinner at 5:30 PM in the fellowship hall
Evening Prayer at 6:00 PM in the sanctuary
Classes/Groups from 6:30-8:00 PM in various rooms
WHAT ABOUT FOR KIDS?
Childcare will be provided in the nursery for kids 0-2 yrs. from 6:00-8:00 PM. Children’s classes will be offered for kids from 3 yrs.-5th gr. starting at 6:30 PM. Youth (6th-12th gr.) are invited to participate with the adults or volunteer with the children. If you’re planning to bring your kids (0 yrs.-5th gr.), please notify Cindy Frost as soon as possible (firstname.lastname@example.org) so that we can plan accordingly.
SPRING CLASS OFFERED: ALPHA
This Spring (Feb. 21-May 16) only one adult class will be offered. Fr. Peter will be leading a 12-week series through the new Alpha. Alpha is a series of sessions exploring the Christian faith. Each talk looks at a different question around faith and is designed to create conversation. Alpha is run all around the globe, and everyone's welcome. This makes Alpha a unique opportunity for evangelism and discipleship. Though Alpha has been around for a long time, the new Alpha has been reimagined and communicated with a fresh approach.
Even if you’ve been through Alpha before you can still benefit from the fellowship. Our congregation will go through Alpha this Spring so that we can run it for the local community in the Fall.
- How can I serve? We need people to help setup and tear-down the fellowship hall, prepare/provide meals (keep dinner costs low), serve meals, and lead evening prayer on rotation
- How much will dinner cost? The cost of dinner will depend on what it costs the church to provide it. The goal is to make dinner as affordable as possible. So, even if food is catered, it will never cost more than $5 per individual or $10 per family. Cash, check and credit card will be accepted. Any individuals/families unable to afford the cost can speak with Fr. Peter.
- Can I come for certain elements but not the others? Of course! It matters more that you come at all than that you come for everything offered. Come as you are and as you are able.
- How can I see what’s coming up? Check out “The Gathering Calendar”
- What if my question isn’t answered here? Contact Fr. Peter at email@example.com.