"But Jesus called them to him, saying,“Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God." - Luke 18:16
Nursery care is available for children from 0-2 yrs. throughout the worship service.
Children from 3 yrs.-5th grade begin in the worship service, but before the scriptures are read, we bless the children and they depart to hear the word of God in a simpler language. Afterwards, they return to receive Holy Communion with the whole church.
Our children's ministry teachers present the Bible through the Godly Play methodology. This is a montessorial approach to experiencing God's Word. Foundational to this approach are the beliefs that a child:
- has an innate sense of the sacred
- has a profound, intuitive knowledge of God
- needs an adult to model how religious language works to make meaning and help find direction in life
- needs an adult to witness their growing faith within a caring community
- needs an adult to assist them in drawing out their own truth
You can view upcoming lessons and teachers on the Worship Calendar. Scroll down to rows 21-26.